Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Out with the old and in with the new


 Up this morning.  Quick errands.  Go check on grandma (she is 90 and my family recently moved her home from across the state).  Head home. Quick shower.  Practice violin for lunchtime concert.  Bake muffins between practicing (can't  get enough carbs these days).  Eat 2 muffins with a tall glass of milk.  Change clothes.  Pick up grandma.  Play solo lunch concert at church up the street.  Pieces by Mozart, Glazunov, Rubinstein and Jay Ungar.  Have quick lunch with church members and grandma. 

Drop grandma off.  Get text from sister that Brown's Shoes is having a Leap Day sale.  All sale rack shoes are $29.  I buy ALL my shoes at Brown's....running,  dress, casual, snowboots, everything. So, I decide to stop by Brown's....after all, it's on my way home.  

I walk in the door and Dan (the owner and great "shoe guy") hollers to me "Heads Up".  He throws a turquoise shoe at me.  I catch it. WHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT?  It's THE shoe I didn't expect to arrive until mid-March.  It's THE shoe that will replace my current New Balance Road Minimus.  It's THE NEW New Balance Minimus Zero.  I'm in love and I don't even have it on my foot yet.  It's flexible, with a tough Vibram sole, great tongue design.  I try it on.  It's mine.
Luckily, I hadn't run yet.  I was to have an hour break because of a violin lesson cancellation for the afternoon and had a one-hour run planned with my DH.  YES!  

The run-down: LOVE these shoes.  Had time for 5 miles in them and they were everything I wanted them to be. Great flexibility.  Great response.  Super light.  Barefoot feel of the road...I can feel everything.  Amazing color!  No inner seams or discomforts.  Very thin around the heel and achilles (all the padding around the achilles on shoes drives me nuts!).  If you are a minimalist, I highly recommend them.  
The old minimus.....and the new minimus Zero
Happy Leap Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment