Sunday, February 26, 2012

"Hard Long Run"

Usually the long run day says things like "Long Run. 17 miles easy."  "Long Run. 12 miles easy." Today was not that day. Instead it read:
Hard Long Run
1 mile easy
10 miles at marathon pace + 10-20 sec/mile
1 mile easy

Goal marathon pace is 8:00 flat.  So, I need 10 miles of 8:10-8:20s.  When walking out the door, I looked at my husband and said I just don't think I can do this.  It's day 1 of the 7th week of training and already marathon pace stuff for 10 miles....so much more intense than the last program  He said "Just go."

I did.

Was a little too fast on a few of them actually.  But overall did great.  Fastest mile (2 of them) was 7:57, slowest was 8:20 on the dot, all the rest were in between.  Boy, that 1 mile easy at the end felt terrible and great at the same time....wanted to be done but was SOOO glad the hard was over.

A hard long run for sure. I'm pooped.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is tough! You are doing amazing!! I can't even think about pushing it like that. I have a time goal, but more importantly, just to finish the 26.2 miles.
    Keep it up! Love reading about your progress!

    ReplyDelete