Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Running Buddy

My hubby has had a calf issue for 4 weeks now....so no running.  Generally during the week we train separately because we have opposite work schedules, but we do our weekend long runs together.  It's a good thing my fawn doberman (Sentry) is 1 1/2 and has taken quite nicely to winter running.  Sentry started running when my hubby and I started in April but he was too young to go very far (not good for his growth plates) and temperatures were not ideal.  Starting over the Christmas holidays, he was putting in 25 miles a week with us.  His newest mileage record for a single run is 11.1 miles.  It was only 23 degrees when we did that last week and he was fabulous the whole time.  He has learned to "heel" very well.  His favorite run is a 2.5 mile straight shot to the dog park.  I run laps on the little dirt track around the edge of the park, while he plays off his leash.  Then I hook him back on the leash for the 2.5 back home.  Today we did 7 miles this way.  This is a photo from a few weeks ago.....if this guy doesn't have a runner body, no dog does!

And one more pic of him because he is just the cutest guy ever:

No comments:

Post a Comment