Sunday, February 5, 2012

Only in New Mexico

So, it's February 5.  Today it was snowing big fluffy snowflakes and was sunny at the same time.  I headed out at 2:00 in the afternoon on what was to be a 12 miler with 20 minutes of "moderate" at the end of the run.  Well, I found a new favorite spot to run.  There is a city sports complex with tennis courts and 8 baseball fields a few miles away.  I have run past it on many of my runs.  Today (being Super Bowl Sunday and all) I figured I would have the place all to myself and I was right.  I ran in every dug-out gate and ran around the dirt edge of all the baseball fields.  I also ran up the 1/2 mile hill to all the tennis courts and back down.  Then I continued on out to the highway and circled around downtown.  Ended up 13.1 miles on the dot.....and in under 2 hours....that's not bad for an easy Sunday afternoon run in the "sunny snow".

No comments:

Post a Comment