Saturday, February 11, 2012

Carb Loading

So, ever since I started all this running....all I want is carbs and yogurt.

I started making my own yogurt last fall because my yogurt bills were getting pretty high (and making it yourself is CRAZY cheap).  So, my awesome hubby got me a yogurt maker for Christmas and now I make it every week and eat every drop myself (he doesn't eat the "yucky" stuff as he calls it).

Then there's bread. I had never baked bread because I have an old and very cold house and a gas oven that doesn't allow for great proofing. I had done cinnamon rolls and stuff like that, but never real bread loaves.  Well, we had to get a new stove just after Christmas and ended up getting a rockin' dual fuel (gas range and electric oven) that had been returned (so less than HALF price).  So, proofing bread in the oven became an option!!!!  I have gone crazy and have not purchased a single bread product since December 28 (sandwich bread, hearth loaves, rolls, even hamburger buns).  I have also taken to grinding my own flour for yummy whole wheat recipes for bread and my newest favorite: MUFFINS (seriously last week I made a dozen muffins and ate SEVEN in one day).  Oh my....thank goodness for all the running.

So, on Thursday:  a beautiful hearth loaf and three loaves of sandwich bread:
RUN FOR IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment