Sunday, April 1, 2012

Land of Enchantment

Last week I ran 48.5 miles.
Sun 16
Mon 6
Tues 6.5
Wed 10
Thurs 4
Fri 6
Sat REST
Gorgeous spring weather in New Mexico right now!!!!!  How lucky I am to live in such a beautiful place!

Played a Vivaldi Birthday concert on Friday night.  He would be 334 years old.  I played a beautiful Violin Sonata by Vivaldi arranged by Respighi.  Had my floor-length satin ORANGE gown all pressed, and got a message 2 hours before the concert that everyone else was wearing black on bottom and a color on top....lame!  Love that gown....maybe for the next concert I will get to wear it.  Great concert though.

7 weeks til race day.

Today I did 18.  2 miles easy, 14 @ marathon pace + 10-20 sec/mile, 2 miles easy.
My goal marathon pace is around 8:00 flat so I needed to go 8:10-8:20s.  My fastest pace mile today was 8:06, slowest was 8:26 (a big uphill).  A great run.  Wore my New Balance Minimus Zeros.  All previous long runs have been in my Brooks Pure Connects but my NB Zeros feel SOOOO fast and I'd love to be able to wear them for the race so I thought I'd try them today.  I have done many 7-11 milers in them so I figured I'd be ok.  They felt great!

The news of Caballo Blanco saddens me.  I became a runner almost one year ago; after reading Born to Run.  The races, the discussion of the anatomy of the human body, and the stories of the ultra-runners motivated and inspired me to become a runner.  I find comfort knowing that he died doing what he loved in the 'Land of Enchantment'.  Rest in peace Caballo Blanco.....you will forever be an inspiration and a legend.


1 comment:

  1. Hey! I wrote you a long comment on your dog bite post and just saw it never posted. UGh!

    You are doing so amazing!!! Definetly an inspiration to me to keep going. 8 min miles... that is just awesome!

    My shoes were awesome! I had a little tough time overall but my feet and knees were definetly in better shape with the new shoes. I am not feeling the best about my training which saddens me a little, but I have come to accept that this first marathon I just need to concentrate on finishing not a specific time. Which is hard for me because I am very competitive with myself and I always have a certain time in mind but I am just not where I need to be with the overall training. Oh well! I am still going to run it! And then next time, I will be more educated and prepared.

    I was thinking.... maybe later in the year or next year, we could meet up and run the same race somewhere! It would be fun to see you and be doing something we both love to do together again!

    ReplyDelete