Thursday, March 29, 2012

Toe Socks to Blister; as Grass is to Dog Diarrhea

 I have been battling a big blister on my Morton's toe (the toe next to my big toe that is EXTRA long) since the Moab Half on March 17:
I finally decided that a portion of the toe was rubbing on my big toe, causing the blister.  So, I decided to try toe socks.  I spoke to a guy that runs ultras and he always wears toe socks.  I have Five Fingers and don't mind the stuff between my toes so I decided to try some.  Got some SmartWool Toe Socks.  Since my toes could move so independently I learned that I curl my Morton Toe under when I run so it's actually rubbing on the bottom of the shoe!  Crazy!  I never knew.  So I am working on trying to relax my toes while I run, but in addition to that the toe socks are definitely helping...the blister is wrinkling up and should be gone in the next day or two.  

I have also been battling dog diarrhea for 4 days.  Poor guy has been super mellow and lazy and pooping his little brains out.  He hasn't really eaten since Monday.  He kept trying to eat weeds in the backyard and I kept telling him no because he hadn't eaten his food.  He can't have grass if he hasn't had his food.  Then someone told me they can take Pepto and it will help.  I decided to read up on it on vetinfo online and it said you can give your dog Pepto if they won't eat grass.  Well, heck, he's a Doberman; he LOVES to eat grass!  So, I leashed that boy up and took him for a walk to find green grass.  He ate it up!!!!  Came home and within 45 minutes, he was gobbling down boiled chicken and happy as can be....full of energy playing soccer with my hubby.  Fingers crossed that he sleeps through the night!

Toe Socks and Grass....who knew?



No comments:

Post a Comment