Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dog Bite and week review

Since the Moab Half last weekend, I have had a pretty nice week of training.  I managed 39 miles without a long run (since the race was last Saturday, on Sunday we just went on a little hike in Moab...3 miles).  Throughout the week I got to run a lot of my mileage with DH who I think has now fully recovered from his calf injury and was on Spring Break.  

On one of the days, I got bit by a dog in the stomach while I was doing hill sprints:
The good news is that it was MY dog.....I love him to pieces but he gets SOOOOO excited when I do hill sprints...he decides it's time to jump like a crazy dog at me with his mouth open!  I'm sure it was an accident, but he got a serious time-out for it anyway.  I think he felt bad cause he "heeled" like a champ for the rest of the run.


I did 16 miles this morning:
6 miles easy
5 miles (90 seconds at 10k pace, 90 seconds easy)
2 miles easy
3 miles hard
It was a great run. Nice temperature. Cool breeze.  Partly cloudy.  I was a little dizzy at the beginning for no reason.  The last 3 at the end I was able to do: 8:04, 8:03 and 7:59 with a heart rate of only 171 (which is on the low end of the high rates for me).  It was a good way to start the week.




No comments:

Post a Comment