Tuesday, January 29, 2013

It's a big secret....so don't tell

I ran today.

4 miles.

My right foot and peroneus brevis tendon that has been so angry doesn't know it.

I kept it a secret.

I wore beautiful brand new Newton Gravitys.  Squishy. Mushy. Lovely in every way.
DH's new Gravitys and my new Gravitys.  Yes I have one laced green and one turquoise.
That's a tribute to my nephew who used to wear different colored shoes.

It was a whopping 30 degrees outside....with 30 mph wind.

It was cold.

My eyes kept tearing from the wind.

I ran with DH and Sentry.  It's been a very long time since the 3 of us ran together.

It was great.

I'm not telling my foot though and I'm not letting it tell me anything.

We are just going on about our day as if nothing extraordinary happened.

It's been 9 days since my last run.  Since the Marathon.

I know most people with an ouchie take a lot more time off than that. But I truly believe my body can figure this out.

It doesn't hurt any worse than it did before.

Just had to run. It was only 35 minutes!

But it's a secret. So don't tell my foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment