Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week One

And we are off.
New marathon training program.....by Brad Hudson and Matt Fitzgerald.  Marathon Level 2ish.  I say "ish" because Level 2 starts at 49 miles a week and that's a bit high for me right now as I have only been doing about 25 a week since the marathon in November.  The Level 1 starts at 17....a little too low.  So, I decided on meshing the two a bit and see how things go.  I really want to get faster so in this beginning endurance phase, my goal is to push my "easy" runs to be faster yet still easy....how "easy" is running really....I mean easy is sitting on the sofa eating cheese puffs.
Today was a great start.  Sentry and I ran to the dogpark.  He played while I circled a mile and then we ran home. Grand total: 6 miles in 51 minutes.  Yea.
 I got these shoes under my Christmas tree....the new Brooks Pure Connect.  I can't say enough about them. They are ALL they are cracked up to be.  True Love. Yes it is.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! And I love the new shoes! I keep with my asics but sometimes I like to try new ones. Maybe I'll have to go try those! So... are you going to do another marathon?? And when is the Moab half?

    ReplyDelete