Thursday, March 27, 2014

Dear Mr. Pfitzinger

Dear Mr. Pfitzinger,
What have you done to me? And why do I love you so?  I run and run and run and run. I get bored with myself running so many double digit runs each week.  I feel exhausted and think there is no way I can even think of running a MP run for one mile....I warm-up and then somehow run 12 beautiful miles at or under my MP. Why did you do this to me? How did you do it?  I can't say that I won't care about the outcome of this next marathon (Colfax Marathon in Denver May 18) but I am so happy with how well I am running throughout the training that I feel a lot less pressure about having a great race.  This whole running thing is about selfish-little-me anyway so as long as I'm enjoying it and making measurable progress, I'm a happy girl and I thank you for that. I don't know how you designed a program so perfect for me.  I felt like for the first 6-8 weeks that you were slapping me across the face and telling me how out of shape I was and that I needed to run more; so I did what you told me.  You tell me what my heart rate should be and what paces I should be running.  You make everything so clear.  You know me so well. You push me through the hardest and lowest days and then a day later I have a game-changing run; a confidence run; a run that reminds me why I love this sport.

Thank you for being so wonderful...
Love,
Tennille

No comments:

Post a Comment