Thursday, October 24, 2013

Taper Tantrum

Here we go.  TEN DAYS TIL SANTA CLARITA MARATHON!!!  Marathon #5 for me...in just under 2 years.  Before that if someone said the word "marathon" I couldn't have told you how far it was...my answer would have been "a long way...20ish miles."  

Hansons training program complete (every single run in the entire program for 16 1/2 weeks...haven't missed a single mile or a single run). For the next 10 days I can run easy and slow.

The last two weeks of Thursday tempo runs have been fantastic. They are 12 miles. One mile warmup, 10 miles at goal marathon pace, one mile cool down.
7:38 is my goal marathon pace.
Last week:
7:38
7:27
7:34
7:34
7:35
7:37
7:36
7:34
7:38
7:34

This week:
7:32
7:34
7:34
7:38
7:34
7:38
7:38
7:28
7:36
7:30

Eek. So excited. 

Bad news. Got another blood test and my iron is still stupid low so I'm going to have to keep working on it.  I feel tons better already after 6 weeks of changing my diet to be more iron rich and taking some iron supplements but I still have a long way to go.  

Starting tomorrow I will be able to see race day in the forecast, I can start packing and I plan on trying really hard to stay off my feet so I can recover.  Maybe I will blog some more. 

And a few photos:


A pile of Newtons...mine and the husband's.  Love.

 A pretty new winter wool coat I sewed for my wonderful boy.

My nephew practicing for me (he is one of my violin students).  The apples and eggs help him play the sections of the violin piece in the correct order.  He is 5 years old.  Love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment