Friday, May 31, 2013

OneRunForBoston...we are in! (and a 10kRR)

Ryan and I signed up for a 10-mile leg each in the-middle-of-nowhere New Mexico on the night of June 12. Excited to be part of such a cool huge thing.  Legs 71 and 72.  Woohoo!  There are still legs available so sign up if there is one near you and be part of this:

I ran a 10k last weekend at the big Riverfest that happens every Memorial Day here.  I ran it last year too.  I took 10 days off after the Shiprock Marathon and then had 10 days to prepare for the race. I did one speed-ish workout and then one long-ish run (8 miles) at a moderate pace.  Felt good during the race...more pop in the legs than I expected as the previous 10 days of running felt slow and exhausting and very-post-marathon. Ended up negative splitting the race (is this my new thing???? I did it in the marathon too!).  Managed 2nd place woman overall.  Won my age group. AND dropped 1:20 off my best time from last year.  Wooohoooo!.  45:03 chip time.  GarminGirl said 7:15 average.  
7:12
7:20
7:23
7:30 (90 foot elevation rise)
6:55 (nice)
7:06
1:34 for the last .2

Very encouraging.  

I put in for the lottery to NYC.  So did Ry.  We both got rejected. Lame.

So.....now the hunt for the fall marathon begins.  We have to be able to drive there (to bring DearDog). We are thinking Santa Clarita, California.  Looks lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment