Saturday, February 23, 2013

The birds chirp like it's spring.....

but it is definitely NOT spring.

I've been so tough this year. The final weeks of training for a January marathon were chilling and snowy but I was out there getting it done.  And then, getting back on the horse after a little week of rest in the cold and wind has been less than motivating.  Thank goodness I signed up for a May marathon back in December so I wouldn't have a choice but get back to training.

So....as I run....day in and day out...the birds chirp...like the sun is warm or something (maybe because we are closer to the sun at 5500 feet above sea level).

This weekend is a "lesser" weekend with two 10-milers back to back but they are Easy.  The moderate longer runs are every-other-weekend so luckily that happens next week. I did my 10 today but tomorrow's forecast is stupid.  Seriously. Stupid.  It's 29 degrees and snowing right now with 20mph wind...the snow is actually horizontal.  Tomorrow at 7am is supposed to be 19 degrees with 20-26mph wind so it will "feel like 4".  Great.  I'm super excited.  Cloudy. Cold. Windy. And snowing.  I can't even think about a treadmill (nor do I have a gym membership) but Wordquota and I had some hilarious discussion about the possibility today.  It ended with the vision of me on a treadmill at the gym with a bucket to snot-rocket in, while burping and passing gas.....with a sign on my back that reads "Treadmill Newbie.  I usually run outside....ALONE."
I'm sure either way it will turn into great Blooping material....outside or treadmilling.

On a brighter note, Thursday's Tempo was great.  It was 28 degrees with 10mph wind. So, chilly but at least the sun was partially out.  Warm-up and then 7 miles at marathon pace (goal is 7:40s).
1- 7:40
2- 7:38
3- 7:37
4- 7:42
5- 7:50 (not sure what happened on this one....zoned out I guess)
6- 7:40
7- 7:39
Wahoo.

Chin up kids!  Spring will come eventually!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment