Thursday, October 25, 2012

Training for cake

So, here I go. Marathon training cycle #3.  I've been at it for a few weeks now.  I picked the Hansons training program out of the new book by Luke Humphrey.  On paper, I thought "No problem."  Well, it's not no problem.  It'd dang hard.  The way the workouts are lined out is so different than the Brad Hudson program I used before (which was a totally successful program for me...I just wanted to try something totally different for fun).  I was looking for a change and boy did I get it.  I'm a trash-fest.  Just exhausted and fatigued like I should be I suppose.  I'm still hitting the paces that I need to though (even the easy runs have a pace range dictated that is completely appropriate for me).  My favorite thing about the program so far is that in week 3 you begin 6-mile tempo runs at marathon pace. Throughout the program they increase in distance up to 10 miles. It is really building my confidence this far out to be able to run AT marathon pace for miles at a time.  Loving it.

So, tonight, after the big Tempo run today, chocolate cake nearly as big as my book...no it's not just the angle....the cake really is almost as big as the book.

Happy Training everyone!  And believe me, the cake makes it all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment