Sunday, August 26, 2012

Not always as expected...

Headed out Saturday morning for a 10-miler...maybe a 12-miler...depending on how I felt.

Took off from home.  First mile felt like 9:30....Garmin says 8:45.  Hmmm....I feel good.

Head north on my usual long run route...all uphill.  Consistently under 8:45.  Some 8:30s. Some 8:20s. Gees.  Even on the steep hills.  I feel good.

 My quads have been sore since cross training on Tuesday.  But I feel good.

I ran 7 on Sunday, 8 on Monday, 12 on Wednesday.  Lifted weights on Thursday (which I haven't done in years).  But I feel good.

Mile 5 comes quickly...do I turn around and make it a 10miler?  Nah. I feel good.

Mile 6 comes and goes, mile 7 also.  Do I turn at mile 8 and make it a 16-er?  I feel good.

Mile 9...guess I'll head home.  I only brought two small bottles of Tailwind and one Stinger waffle and it's getting warm.  I feel good.

Mile 12 I finally feel my quads are not 100% but overall I feel good.

Mile 17 with one mile to home.  I push gently...8:17.  I feel good.

18 miles in 2hrs35min. Hmm. I guess sometimes the road isn't as expected.


And a picture to finish out the post.  Sentry sitting on my lap by the pond.  We love New Mexico!




1 comment:

  1. OH My goodness!! YOu are so awesome! I love those days when they go better than expected! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete