Sunday, November 27, 2011

Whew!

One week after my marathon premier, I ran the first annual Turkey Trot 5k in downtown Farmington.  Most of my marathon soreness was gone (thanks to a hefty massage from my MT) so I decided to see how fast I could go for a 5k.  I had no idea how fast to start or how hard to push.  I managed 3rd place overall for females finishing in 21:38...a new best time.

This past week was Thanksgiving and my brothers were in town.  My little brother brought his girlfriend along who is also starting her running life.  I managed to put in 25 miles this week between running with my dog and with my husband, my brother and his girlfriend. I don't really feel like I ran this week because it was so relaxed and fun and I wasn't following a training plan.  It was nice to put some miles in so I could enjoy lots of potatoes and stuffing!

No comments:

Post a Comment