Monday, October 31, 2011

Last long run before taper....23 miles easy.
T: "That's messed up.  I can't train 23 and expect to race 26.2.  Let's run the whole thing."
R: "Ok."

So, we did.  We ran 26.2.  Where?  All over this town and back!

No crowds, no timing chips, no numbers, no entry fees, no finish tape, nothing.  Just me and my favorite guy ending in our driveway with a high five and a sweaty hug.  I couldn't have imagined it better!

Two days later I was in Denver and got to go to a REAL running store.  I stood in amazement at the wall of shoes.  I was overwhelmed by the hydration systems.  I gawked at the selection of gels and fuels.  Then, I stood waiting to check out and picked up a bumper sticker that read "26.2" and I cried a little.  I had already done it.

1 comment:

  1. HOLY COW!! That is AWESOME!! I wish I could say.... "hey why don't I just run 26.2 miles today!" You are amazing! I can't wait to be able to say that I ran 26.2! HOpefully next June will be it!
    GOOD LUCK ON YOUR RACE!!!

    ReplyDelete