Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day One


I know many people that have blogs...they blog of their families, their joys, their sorrows and their adventures. I read them frequently. Today I was prompted to start my own.

I have been running lately...to put it in perspective when I say I am going to run 6 miles, I use "only" in the same sentence because a 6-miler has become a short and easy run. Many marathon training programs encourage one to have a running diary/journal and as often as I say I am going to do it, I haven't. So instead I am starting this blog for me to log the next two months leading up to the 26.2 (which scares the crap out of me right now).

Today I ran faster than a tractor. Yep. As I did 8 repeats of a 1/2 mile at 10k pace with 2 minutes rest in between I passed a tractor driving up the street. I don't know how fast he was going but I know I was going faster (just under 8 min/mile pace).

I love my husband, my family and my job.
I love running, violin and my dog.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe I am just now reading your blog- first post, and I'm already chuckling-
    "Faster than a tractor-"
    Love it!

    Gotta put that one on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete